Margaret Sinclair

Margaret Sinclair
100 Day Challenge - “Why did I do it?”

We were supposed to be heading overseas for an extended period of travel, but as 2020 rolled in it became obvious we were unlikely to even leave New Zealand and then unlikely to even leave our town or home. So in a moment of madness I decided to replace one much planned trip away with an unplanned trip in the sewing room. 

Day 8 and 9

I have been quilting on and off for some years but more often since retirement. In 2019 I decided to head to Symposium as I have a daughter who would kindly provide B & B. I took a class with 
Chris Kenna – Wholecloth
Mosaic quilts that I intended to use as a wall hanging. But once finished it lacked any real zing and needed more, so I decided to enhance it with hand sewing. 

Day 25

The only planning I did for the 100 days was to start and only use the left over fabric from the Mosaic class and whatever else I had in the sewing room in the way of thread etc., with the aim to improve my almost nonexistent hand sewing skills. 

Day 67

It quickly became obvious to me how unprepared I was and wondered if I had bitten off more than I could chew so mentioned this to my husband. His comment “Isn’t that part of the challenge?” So I decided to stick with it even though I was in awe of the other participants. 

Day 81

Day 82

My biggest relief was that I actually did finish the 100 days and had 100 4 ½ inch squares and no idea what I was going to do with them. I decided to sew them all together and hang them in the sewing room to remind myself what can be possible if “you just stick with it” one day at a time. 

Finished

I still have one UFO Mosaic Quilt, so may even be brave enough to decide to do next year’s challenge and finish it.  

Comments

  1. Brilliant Margaret loved the idea of improving your embroidery skills

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marion Hamilton

Melissa Gelder